domenica 1 marzo 2015

Proust questionnaire




The Proust Questionnaire is a questionnaire about one's personality. Its name and modern popularity as a form of interview is owed to the responses given by the French writer Marcel Proust.[1]
At the end of the nineteenth century, when Proust was still in his teens, he answered a questionnaire in an English-language confession album belonging to his friend Antoinette. At that time, it was popular among English families to answer such a list of questions that revealed the tastes and aspirations of the taker.
 Answer the questions yourself, you'll discover something more about your personality
Questions
Proust's answers 1890
Your favorite virtue
The need to be loved; more precisely, the need to be caressed and spoiled much more than the need to be admired
Your favorite qualities in a man.
Manly virtues, and frankness in friendship.
Your favorite qualities in a woman.
Feminine charms
Your chief characteristic
----
What you appreciate the most in your friends
To have tenderness for me, if their personage is exquisite enough to render quite high the price of their tenderness
Your main fault
Not knowing, not being able to "want".
Your favourite occupation.
Loving.
Your idea of happiness
I am afraid it be not great enough, I dare not speak it, I am afraid of destroying it by speaking it.
Your idea of misery.
Not to have known my mother or my grandmother.
If not yourself, who would you be?
Myself, as the people whom I admire would like me to be.
Where would you like to live?
A country where certain things that I should like would come true as though by magic, and where tenderness would always be reciprocated
Your favourite colour and flower.
The beauty is not in the colours, but in their harmony.
The flower that you like
Hers/His - and after, all of them.[3]
Your favourite bird
The swallow.
Your favorite prose authors.
Currently, Anatole France and Pierre Loti.
Your favorite poets.
Your favorite heroes in fiction.
Your favorite heroines in fiction.
Your favorite painters and composers.
Your favourite painter
Your heroes in real life.
Mr. Darlu, Mr. Boutroux.
Your favorite heroines in real life.
----
What characters in history do you most dislike.
----
Your heroines in World history
Your favorite food and drink.
----
Your favorite names.
I only have one at a time.
What I hate the most.
What is bad about me.
World history characters I hate the most
I am not educated enough.
The military event I admire the most
My military service!
The reform I admire the most
----
The natural talent I'd like to be gifted with
Will-power, and seductiveness.
How I wish to die
Improved—and loved.
What is your present state of mind.
Boredom from having thought about myself to answer all these questions.
For what fault have you most toleration?
Those that I understand.
Your favorite motto.
I should be too afraid that it bring me misfortune.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento